Sunday, November 16, 2008

Talk in Church

So I was assigned to give a talk today in church. Usually I’m studying and preparing for a talk a week ahead, but for this talk I prepared it the morning of, probably not the best idea, I know.

Let me start a little further back…Last night I was busy writing a paper for school on Monday, so I still hadn’t worked on my talk till this morning, like I said. So because I hadn’t got my talk done, I got up around 5:30. when my alarm went off, but I didn’t get up. I was so tired still form the sleepover Friday night. I kept on pushing the snooze and I didn’t really get out of bed until 6:30. I still had plenty of time to get my talk done so it was okay that I slept in a little.

Planning the talk was really easy, there’s so much good stuff to say about tithing, anyone could talk on tithing! This you might think is weird but whenever I have to give a talk I go out to the car and practice. It’s so much easier than trying to find a quiet place in the house. I can’t stand it when someone walks in on you and I get all embarrassed because I’m talking to myself.
Anyway I spent the morning in the car talking to myself and I thought the talk was pretty good after I wan done. I was worried about one thing, I didn’t think I was going to be able to remember all the good thoughts that I was going to share, because I had only planned it this morning, but guess what! it wasn't that bad, I felt like either throwing up or fainting while I was waiting through the song and the sacrament portion, but it was over pretty fast.

Oh before that because I had spent a lot of the morning planning my talk, I hadn’t started thinking about what I was going to wear! Haaa…. I can’t stand that part. so I asked Sarah to pick me out something that she thought looked good on me before. When I came back into the room she had pulled out a really old skirt that no one has worn in a really long time… then she said put on a green undershirt with our black shirt.
I totally was skeptical and didn’t even want to try it on, but actually the outfit looked pretty good, and I usually don’t say that bout what I wear, but it was good.

I don’t have to worry about them asking me for another 6 months. I did get quite a few compliments after sacrament meeting, that's a good sign, but everyone always says good job. So it could have been awful. I’m just glad it’s over!

No comments: