Friday, February 13, 2009

Stressful in the beginning, but ended great!

Today I got up at 3:30! I had to take my first math exam… Math 151 is the hardest math class I’ve taken so. It makes sense because it a higher level of math, but I never expected it to be this complicated and time consuming. It takes so long to finish just one problem. Anyways I spent my entire morning studying and working through problems and getting ready to take the test at Pima. It was… 9am when I finally decided I was as ready as I was going to get! I took a shower and got dressed, didn’t do anything with my hair and went to take the test. I was so nervous… I got into the testing center and the first problem I couldn’t remember how to do. My hands were shaking the whole time. I was in the little hot testing room for about 4 hours. I got all the problems answered and I think (I hope) I did all right. I was so ready to be done when I came to the end that I could hardly concentrate on finishing the last problem.

When I was done I walked out and was sweaty, shaky, red faced, and felt like crying. Luckily I turned around and saw that CJ was sitting right behind me on the lower common computers, smiling really big. He had been waiting for me to be finished, “for only a little bit” he said, but I think it was longer than just a little bit. I was so happy to see him, and so grateful that he was there! I had to do one more thing before I left pima and that was to drop my psychology class. I had talked to mom while studying math and we had decided that it would be a good idea to drop it. So I went straight to the advising booth/computer and asked to drop it!! You wouldn’t even believe how much pressure was lifted by just 5min of sitting with an adviser. Earlier I made a list of all the things I needed to get done, and the due dates of everything, and I had about 10 things that I had to get done by Wednesday for psychology. Thankfully I can cross them all off now. HALLELUJAH!

So after that CJ was still there with me, and I invited him to come home with me, and help me make something for seminary. We were having our valentines day party and Bro. Rutherford had asked us to bring something sweet to share. I called home and mom asked about how the test went and said it would be fine if CJ came over. We got home and I tried to decide whether we should try to bake cookies, or make muddy buddies instead. While I was searching around, CJ somehow got pulled into doing punctuation with Georgia and Mom. I don’t know if he especially wanted to, but he sat there and did it with them. Whenever I came over, he was actually getting into all the I sub I and I, c/c I and all the different rules they were doing.

We went to seminary and played pool, and everyone loved the muddy buddies, that made me happy. Riley wanted to stop at Fry’s on the way home and of course we had to stop and star at all my favorite places: the candy, chocolate isle, the pencils and school stuff, and the clips and smelly lotion. We got home and April was over with all the kids! CJ brought all his little hot wheels/racecars out and Dallen had a blast playing with him.

CJ had to go to work at 4 and Mom made me go workout with her. I really wanted to take a nap, but I’m glad I went with her after all. It felt really good to workout. Anyways not much has happened after all that, but I am so happy to have less to do now, and that I got to have some fun today.

1 comment:

The Cluff's said...

Oh, Patricia! I feel your pain about the math class. I told you it was the worst class for me! I took it 3 times before I passed it! But, it sounds like the rest of your day was great.